General safety instructions
Drum Trader is an online marketplace and is similar to the ad market in your daily newspaper. Personal data will not be transmitted to the buyer by Drum Trader, this should regulate the contracting parties among themselves. Depending on the setting, you can publish your phone number to the ads to speed up the process. As a further option, you can contact the seller via e-mail. The user receives a notification e-mail and can react to this.
Important notes for sellers
- Never send or hand over items upfront in advance of receiving payment. If you are using a secure payment method (i.e PayPal or bank transfer), check that the credit amount is showing as cleared funds on your balance. If a buyer is paying by cheque, make sure the funds have cleared first.
Posting the item
- Always retain your proof of delivery & send your item via recorded delivery with insurance to be covered for any losses during transit. Please ensure the postage insurance is adequate.
Meeting the buyer face to face
- Do not give buyers your personal details until you are sure that they are who they say they are and a genuine buyer.
- For your personal safety, meet in a ‘lighted’ public place rather than your home and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
- Be aware of top warning signs, and if in doubt about a buyer either contact us or simply find another buyer.
- Please use common sense. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Be wary if a buyer offers a vastly reduced buying price or offers to pay more than you are asking for.